January Worksheet: Break Down Your Ideal Year
As we continue planning for the year in front of us, now is a great time to take stock of every aspect of your life, so you can think about how you want to live from a holistic place.
We're all about finding balance - it's important to make sure to think about all areas of life so you don't get monomaniacally focused on goals in just one area, like your career / business, at the expense of others, like your relationships or taking care of yourself.
That's where the first of our monthly worksheet series comes in! In January's worksheet, we're breaking down our ideal year across 9 aspects of our lives. Take some time to think about the following questions, as you work through your personal life, your relationships, and your professional life.
Taking stock of all of these areas of your life doesn't always result in a measurable goal you want to focus on and track. But asking yourself these questions regularly can help you see the gaps between how you're currently living and how you'd ideally like to live, and spark some ideas for what you'd like to incorporate more into your life. Maybe you realize your mental health has been suffering lately, and you think less time on social media, and added time meditating each morning or talking to a therapist might help. Or maybe you realize you want to feel more connected to your local community, so you'll start looking for ways to volunteer or organize community events within your industry.
- How do I feel about my mental health as I move into a new year?
- How will I protect and improve my mental health this year?
- What would my ideal relationship with my mental health be?
- How do I feel about the state of my bank accounts and accounting process? Do I want to set any financial goals?
- What steps can I take regularly to ensure good financial health for the short and long term?
- What would my ideal relationships with money look like?
- How do I feel about my physical health as I move into a new year?
- Is there anything I want to work on incorporating or removing from my routine to improve my physical health?
- What would my ideal relationship with my body look like?
- How do I feel about my romantic life right now?
- Is there anything I want to do to make that more of a priority?
- How do I feel about my friendships and relationships with family? Do any need more attention, or maybe need some boundaries set?
- How do I feel about how involved I am with my community?
- How can I deepen my connections with people I care about this year?
- Are there any skills I'd like to explore this year? Any online classes or workshops I'd like to take, or conferences I'd like to attend?
- Is there anyone specific I'd like to try to work with this year? Any people I'd like to connect with professionally?
- Do I have any professional or business goals I want to set for myself?
- What does success in my professional life look like to me?